Peter> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> It seems that this happens when using line-delete-forward on a line
>> which begins with spaces. Presumably the spaces get deleted
>> somewhere and then LyX crahes when trying to access the last
>> characters which are now non-existant.

Peter> Probably not exclusively. I just tried again (in a standard
Peter> paragraph). Strange enough, it is *not* completely
Peter> reproducible. I'm always opening the same file, put the cursor
Peter> at the same position and start pressing C-k. It almost never
Peter> crashes at the same deletion, but will definitely crash within
Peter> 2-6 deletions.

Peter> But there's no space at the beginning of the line!

I just checked in a fix to avoid removing spaces in the front of a
paragraph in LyX-Code style. This does not solve the real hard
problem, but it was what caused it in your first example.

Peter> Wait, just tested something else: It seems to occur when the
Peter> cursor is in the last line of a paragraph and is sitting
Peter> between two spaces! Hmm, last line is not important, but
Peter> sitting between 2 spaces is.

Now we have to tackle this one.