> Why is the listings inset centered in the LyX view?

In theory, normal listing should occupy its own line and stay to the
left. inline listing should behave like an ERT or label box. I used
'display(){ return if not inline listing }' function to use displayed
layout so the listing inset is displayed.

I will change that if anyone can tell me an easy 'display-to-the-left' way.

> And rebuilding is done only when I move the mouse over the
> listing inset.

I can not reproduce this.

  Not only the inset starts centered but when you change one of the parameters
(say the language) it goes to the left without any content inside.

I can not reproduce this either. Are you sure your listings inset is
in a standard layout?

Cheers,
Bo