Richard Heck wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
I'm also annoyed by this and the reason is that LyX1.5svn scans all
directories before opening the dialog. LyX 1.4.4 doesn't do this so
the dialog pops up immediately.

I'm sure that this is the reason because on my home PC, the dialog
opens in 1.5svn after 1-2 seconds but at work 5-10 seconds are needed
when I have connected network drives and also only 1-2 seconds when I
disconnected the network drives.
When using LyX 1.4.4 it makes no difference if the network drives are
connected.

I don't understand why LyX scans all directories because the network
drives don't contain any LyX or third-party stuff needed by LyX or
could this be a Qt bug in the file open dialog routine?
Not a bug but perhaps a feature. Maybe there is some settings to pass
in our use of QFileDialog to disable this behaviour. Somebody ought to
read the docs...
I don't see any such option, but then I don't see this behavior on
Linux, either. The dialog opens up pretty much immediately, and I do
have a networked directory under /home/rgheck/.

What about this option: QFileDialog::DontResolveSymlinks

Abdel.