Before talking, can you try the windows version? it's always like that
in the windows version.
See below.

On 5/15/07, Dov Feldstern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I still don't understand. I want to figure out what you're doing. If you
want to type a Hebrew document, you open LyX (I'm assuming the RTL
preference is already true, of course). You do
Document->settings->language and choose Hebrew. (BTW, what encoding are
you using in that dialog box?)

You switch your keyboard input to Hebrew? And you start typing.

Is this right so far?
So far so good.

Now let's say you want to insert a word in english -- you just switch
the keyboard, and type in English? and then switch back, etc.? Never
touch any of the language commands or anything? And the latex output is
correct?
Nope. When typing english word I'm pressing C-m twice, thus I'm
getting english text environment.

Can you please send me a sample document which you typed this way?
Attached

Thanks!
Dov