Andreas>  Then they get frustrated, closes LyX and uninstalls it. It
Andreas> is better to have the math toolbars visible from the
Andreas> beginning, and then if somoen only want them to pop up when
Andreas> they are needed, he could choose this himself in the
Andreas> preferences.

You mean that if LyX does no have all of its toolbars always visible
(because you demand maths, but other will want change tracking and
tabular of course), those people will right away uninstall the
program? In what world are we living? How will we cope with the non
mathematician people (yes these people exist!) who will close LyX and
uninstall it because they cannot stand those math toolbars?

Are we going to have users at the end of the day, considering we have
already lost the people who cannot stand the existence of a binding
like Ctrl+Del earlier this day?

JMarc

PS: no worry, I am only kidding, but nevertheless I think we should
avoid blanket statements.