Can someone take a look at this code from Exporter.cpp? It seems to me
that we ought to be returning where I've indicated below. Is this wrong?

    // Plain text backend
    if (backend_format == "text")
        writePlaintextFile(*buffer, FileName(filename), runparams);
    // no backend
    else if (backend_format == "lyx")
        buffer->writeFile(FileName(filename));
    // Docbook backend
    else if (buffer->isDocBook()) {
        runparams.nice = !put_in_tempdir;
        buffer->makeDocBookFile(FileName(filename), runparams);
    }
    // LaTeX backend
    else if (backend_format == format) {
        runparams.nice = true;
        if (!buffer->makeLaTeXFile(FileName(filename), string(), runparams))
            return false;
///////////////////
//FIXME: shouldn't this just return if the file has been created? Isn't
this case
//the one where we're just being asked to export LaTeX?
///////////////////
    } else if (!lyxrc.tex_allows_spaces
           && contains(buffer->filePath(), ' ')) {
        Alert::error(_("File name error"),
               _("The directory path to the document cannot contain
spaces."));
        return false;
    } else {
        runparams.nice = false;
        if (!buffer->makeLaTeXFile(FileName(filename),
buffer->filePath(), runparams))
            return false;
    }

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto