The default OpenOffice format is presently sxw, but oolatex now seems to
produce odt by default. As a result, LyX thinks the conversion always
fails, because it's looking for filename.sxw and can't find it.

I think there are ways to make oolatex produce sxw (I'm trying to find
out how), so one option would be to change the command. Another would be
to change the format to odt.

By the way, it's VERY unclear how to add a new file format. It took me
quite a while to figure it out. Perhaps a tooltip on the add button
("Enter a new GUI name") would do. But even then, it's very unintuitive.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto