> Something like 'an alternative windows installer with blah blah', with
> filenames lyx-1.5.0beta3-AltInstaller....

Note that the file names are not different.

AltInstaller...

Just for my insterest: When you can do this for Joost's installer it should be
possible also with
mine, right?

Yes. If I get some time, I can add a target like altinstaller.

What is the advantage to use SCons and not makensis? Can't you call
makensis build-all.nsi

The advantage is dependency checking. I.e., if your build script or
lyx does not change, this target will only build the installer. If a
source file changes, it will build lyx first...

BTW, 'scons installer bundle=1' build both. Bundle=0 build only the
standard one.

Bo