Uwe Stöhr wrote:
CTAN is the official TeX/LaTeX file and package repository.
OK, now I understand. Then, I need to ask the author of the japanese package if he can upload it to CTAN.
The author of the Japanese package agreed to put his package on CTAN. So, I hope we can find it there soon. I will inform once it is uploaded.

I'm beginning to test lyx-1.5.0b3 in CJK environment. When I choose "Japanese" as the language used in a document, it automatically uses CJK package and creates tex file as follows:

> \batchmode
> \makeatletter
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]/home/hge//}}
> \makeatother
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{CJK}
>
> \makeatletter
>
> \makeatother
> \begin{document}
> \begin{CJK}{EUC-JP}{}
>
> \title{テスト}
>
> \maketitle
> Hey!日本語だ。
> \end{CJK}
> \end{document}

But I found that Japanese output of the CJK package is, frankly speaking, unusable for a public use. Actually, its use for publication can _never_ be dreamed.

Therefore, is it possible for you to provide another choice for Japanese *not to use* the CJK package? That is, another choice in the menu of Document Setting -> Language which creates a code like:

> \batchmode
> \makeatletter
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]/home/hge//}}
> \makeatother
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>
> \makeatletter
>
> \makeatother
> \begin{document}
>
> \title{テスト}
>
> \maketitle
> Hey!日本語だ。
> \end{document}

Processing this tex file with binary "platex" (maybe manually set in the converter setting as I said before) produces much better output. I'm sure it would make many Japanese users *very* happy ;)

I think we can do this even before the japanese package is uploaded to CTAN. (since it only changes the format of dates and changes heading "References" to its Japanese translation, etc. It's a small correction without which we can still write a paper.)

Koji