Uwe> rotate-textures was there to assure that the genmisc-package was
Uwe> used which was once required by powerdot. Attached a better
Uwe> patch.

I do not see the layout file in the new patch. Is it unchanged? If you
test for the presence of some packages in the textclass, there is no
need to test for them with \TestPackage, except if you plan to
document the packages in LaTeXConfig.lyx.in.

Uwe> The listingins-package is required to be able to compile the
Uwe> powerdot-example.lyx file.

Then I would rather remove the listings part from
powerdot-example.lyx. Is there _really_ something special to show
about powerdot and listings? I do not like adding dependencies "just in
case".

So please change the patch to only include the dependencies that are
needed by the class itself. And I think the \TestPackage entries
should not be added (but replaced by appropriate stuff in the layout files).

Uwe> I added this now. We forgot btw. to check for the pfg-package
Uwe> that is required by beamer. I corrected all issues in the
Uwe> attached better patch.

>>> There is one issue I don't know: The file is under the LPPL, is
>>> this license compatible with our?

Yes, it is OK.

>> I think in general it would be good to have an agreement with the
>> authors to ship it with LyX.

Uwe> I have got it now:

Very good.