On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 10:13 +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Darren> Hi all, I know this was/is_being discussed in some form or
> Darren> another but I want to weigh in.
>
> Darren> On my system, AthlonXP3000+ w/ 1GB RAM, OpenSUSE 10.2, I find
> Darren> the SVN to be rather slow. I've jumped from the 1.3/XForms
> Darren> world into the 1.5/Qt4 and can hardly believe the change in
> Darren> performance.
>
> Did you compile with --disable-stdlib-debug? This is on for
> development versions and has a bit cost in performance.

Doing that now, wasn't aware of it. Perhaps there should be something
mentioned in INSTALL under svn checkouts. I presume this isn't enabled
by default when building from a release...

In fact is it really necessary for us plebs who don't generate stack
traces but just want to test the svn on real work? Shouldn't that option
be disabled by default? Developers can be trusted to enable it if
needed.

Have fun,
Darren