Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 04:35:11PM -0400, Richard Heck wrote:
So does this seem to be the pathname problem? You can run htlatex
file.tex. Can you run htlatex path/file.tex? Can you run htlatex
c:/path/file.tex? If you can run the former, this is fixable, because we
can use the relative pathname.

I'm not sure what to do about this. HTML View and Export have been
broken for ages. They work now on Linux and (I believe) OSX. So one
possibility, absent a fix for Windows, is to alter configure.py so it
only installs the htlatex HTML converter on Linux. I suppose it could
still check for html2latex. The other option would be to try to ship
some python script or something that would fix the problem on Windows.

Notice that latex->html conversion works flawlessly for me with htlatex
on both Windows and *nix after simply removing the originaldir flag in
the converter. If I understand it correctly, your change would break the
conversion on Windows?
Sorry, but that can't be true. If you run htlatex without the originaldir flag, then, yes, you will get an html file dumped into the directory where the original LyX file lived. But you'll only get the one HTML file, not the other files generated for footnotes, and not the css file. There are several bug reports about that, and that's how the code works: If you export html from myfile.lyx, the only file that gets copied out of the temporary directory is myfile.html. You will have the other files in the temporary directory, and you could copy them out manually before closing LyX (at which point they'll be erased), but that's not how export is supposed to work.

That said, an option would be to omit the (new) usetempdir flag on Windows. Then View>HTML would work, though export would work only partially, as just described.

Richard