Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Darren" == Darren Freeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Darren> I'm not asking for confirmation of the part I just introduced,
Darren> I only just said it.

Darren> But I know what I saw and I've since reproduced it again at my
Darren> end. Whatever is causing the slowdown I'm talking about, it
Darren> closes with LyX so it's either LyX or something spawned by and
Darren> waiting on LyX.

Yes. The problem is to know what. Is the CPU charge unusually high
when LyX is slow?
Note that the cpu usage don't have to be high. He may have an accelerated
display - in that case the cpu will be idle waiting for the display
hardware to do the job.  Slow hardware, bad hardware driver or
LyX/qt painting the same stuff over and over may then result in slow
action and also a not so busy cpu.

Helge Hafting