Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
>> Stefan Schimanski wrote:
>>
>>> So, the first P.S. is history now. I added an offset from the
>>> x_target after moving to the next line. Using that the cursor knows
>>> when it is actually meant to be on the target, but had to move
>>> slightly left or right to be between character.
>
> Hello Alfredo,
>
> I think I've your name in quite a few files of the source code. Welcome
> back!

That's because I've got intensively into lyx during a major core rewrite
(switch to std containers etc) ;-)

> When I cleaned up this, the target_x was touched everywhere :-). So I
> decided to touch it only when moving up and down. Maybe the opposite
> logic is better but that not obvious to me at the time.

I'm not claiming that it's better, just that it's the one I used to
understand ;-) Of course, the fact that an additional var is needed may be
a sign that the old way was simpler...
As I see it, the important thing here is how to keep things centralized; I
think the old code used to have adjustments to target_x scattered around in
cursor movement functions. If this new way helps in this regard it may be
better. How is it supposed to work now?

>> No other offset
>> was needed. But maybe the code has changed too much
>
> Everthing metrics or row related has been basically rewritten (by me).

Cool.

A/

PS: Good weekend to all, off to the sea!