Bo Peng wrote:
It is cleaner,

I prefer {} initialization to a bunch of assignments. I like neither
static bool firsttime, nor the fact that stylehint is repeated several
times.

This is just cosmetic, I could have just put the initialisation code in the ParValidator constructor.

saves code for the searching

maybe.

For sure.

and the sorting is automatic.

Why is that? You mean things in a map is ordered by keyword?

Yes.

And it should also solve the crash problem that I apparently
introduced with the translation of the static strings.

This is true.

Anyway, most of the code in InsetListingsParams (the ParValidator) has
nothing to do there and should be transfered to a controller type.

Because these code is used in many places (BufferParam, InsetInclude,
QDocument etc), it does not belong to any controller.

No, InsetListingsParams::addParams() is used only QInclude and QListings which both belong to the frontend.

All decision logic belongs to the controller. The Inset just need a definition and parameters.

Abdel.