Am 28.05.2007 um 00:43 schrieb Dov Feldstern:

Dov Feldstern wrote:
In cursorLeft, for example: what is the condition "cur.lastpos() ! = cur.pos()" for?

And "cur.textRow().pos() == cur.pos()" (what does it even mean?)?

textRow().pos() returns the position of the first character in the paragraph which belongs to the current row. So this checks to see that we are on the first character of the row, which is exactly where we want to turn the boundary on when moving left.

I'm not sure that the other conditions are really necessary at all...

And why the isNewLine and isLineSeparator?
That's what I don't at all understand...

Certain character should be skipped, like explicit newlines and the space. That's what it is for. Don't go to the line end, but directly to the next line (and similar in the left code)

Stefan