Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Edwin Leuven wrote:
you're right, going back and forth would be a problem so either we do
the full monty or we forget about this.

for 1.5, you mean. You can commit this immediately to trunk as soon as we have a BRANCH_1_5_X.

ok

The bug is that the top- and bottomlines can no longer be toggled in booktabs mode.

i don't think so.

you cannot toggle the top line on the *first* row and the bottom line on the last row.

this is intentional: we don't allow the user to toggle these atm (just create a booktabs table with no lines set. you'll see that it will have a top and bottom line). the thing i did is to make this visible.

About the ui: I find it irritating that I have to select the whole row now to switch lines on/off.

you find it irritating because it is different, but ui-wise i think it is much more intuitive...

I think I would prefer the other way round: do as we used to if nothing is selected (i.e. toggle the line for the whole row), and toggle clines only if one or more cells are selected (this is also what Ooo does).

... moreover, we cannot select single cells so this won't work.

I'm sure these things can be fixed quickly, but it also shows that even such "small" enhancements need to be tested and discussed.

i think i just convinced you that the patch is fine...

;-)