Hello,

firstly, i would like to thank larry for his help

I was surprised at the size of the binary on a PowerPC (11MB),
but even more surprised when I did "strip /usr/bin/lyx" -- the
resulting binary is only 1.6MB!

So I suspect if you strip your binary, you will have plenty of
room on your workstation for documents. :-)

        Larry

i made the strip command on binaries and i saved 32MB disk space on the
lyx program.

so is it possible to put this command in the install procedure?

yann

--
"Y faut liiirrreee, Arlequin, Champion de l'amourrrr" Dany Boon
(Yann MORERE                 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] )