Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

I am still trying to suggest a solution to have both ARABI and ArabTeX
together inside LyX for the language Arabic and I have this concern in
my mind for every patches I submit. But for the time being I am concentrating on adding the language Farsi using ARABI as the backend.

Thanks a lot for your contribution Mostafa. Maybe we should try to involve some arabic users WRT this package question. If they all agree that ARABI is _the_ package to support, we should switch. M<aybe you could ask on the user list?

Abdel.

+1

I don't actually *use* arabic in LyX, so I don't really know much about this. We really do need input from real users. I don't know that I would get rid of ArabTeX support based on the lack of a response to a query on the users' list, though...