Stefan> Am 31.05.2007 um 09:43 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:

> [...]
Stefan> This is fine, mostly. I don't like 7. There should be a
Stefan> position behind the c, because if you type with the cursor in
Stefan> front of the $$1$ $ the characters appear behind c. In fact
Stefan> the position in front of $$1 $$ shouldn't exist because typing
Stefan> there makes no sense. The same is true for the position behind
Stefan> $$1$$ (see 8).
>>  A whole part of this boundary code has been implemented to catter
>> with this particular case.

Stefan> What do you mean? Those positions are supposed to exist or
Stefan> not?

Good question. In 1.4.x, the two positions exist. I am not sure why
the position in front of the display inset is deemed useful.