> Shucks. I've been converting them to .eps, but that means if I want to
> send the document to someone I have to send the .eps files as well or
> send the .fig files with a bunch of instructions. But its no big deal.
> I'll experiment with xfigs export options.

When you find the best format, please let us know.
Dekel mentioned that ps_tex was the best. If so, please
provide a patch to update the XFig template to use that
format.

The existing external templates were mostly meant as proof of concept
rather than completely polished and trouble-free ones. They should,
however, be easy to fix.

Also, it should be easy to develop new ones. I have some suggestions
for candidates:

- Dia
- Rosegarden
- SIAG
- Gnuplot
- MATLAB
- Maple
- MuPAD
- R
- Plan
- Emacs
- Angela!
- IPAD

etc.

You might want to consider which kind of material you have used
in your LyX document earlier, and then develop a template for that
format.

Ok, how do I do it?

- Get the current cvs version working on your machine
- Read the ExternalTemplate.lyx file in lib/doc.
- Read the lib/external_templates file
- Have a look at the Python scripts in lib/scripts
- Roll your own templates and add then to external_templates
- Test it, and when they work, submit a patch
- Ask here if you have problems

Greets,

Asger