On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 03:28:48PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> I'd be interested to know what is the effect of the following patch on
> linux, windows and mac. If it work, I'd propose to put it in, or even
> to remove this scale_factor setting.

Actually, on Windows, Solaris, and Linux I use 1.05 to match the text size.
However, note that this is when using dvipng, as with the old method
(which generates ppm images) that value should be changed. I seem to
remember that 0.9 was correct when using legacy_lyxpreview2ppm.py, but
I may be wrong. Perhaps the 0.9 was tailored to xforms?

I vote for not removing \preview_scale_factor as it allows to account for
those differences. However, I don't know whether it is better to allow its
customization through the preferences dialog.

--
Enrico