Le 6 juin 07 à 08:03, Andre Poenitz a écrit :

This was joking. Nevertheless, IMHO the timestamp is a good solution
for almost 99,9999% of time. The remaining 0,0001% being outdated
screens, unless you can compile/modif/save/recompile in less than 1
sec... (however, assuming that file formats are different for on
screen preview and for output...)

Anyway, we may agree that when dealing with graphics, the CRC should
only be computed when timestamps are identical, do we?

Not sure. Different timestamps and equal contents might be possible
in which case it'd probably be not the worst solution to do nothing.

It seems to me that you're thinking of situations which are really improbable... As I said above, one never opens a figure into its editor in order to save the file without changing it! If you don't think so, please could you give me an example?

Mael.