it looks like the cursor is very rapidly put inside the inset and back
outside. If I have the math panel toolbar opened (in auto mode), it flashes up shortly and disappears again. Also, the math inset itself "flashes" and something (which I cannot identify) pops up shortly. This is when I move the cursor with the arrow keys. Note, however, that I'm totally RTL ignorant, so
I have no idea about how the cursor movement should be "naturally".

Can you make a bug report about this flashing?

Stefan