Pavel Sanda wrote:

>> Whatever you do to solve your bug, please make sure that you don't set
>> any new locale (at least not permanently, temporarily is OK).
>
> this patch should not interfere with other locale code. it only creates
> locale object, which is set to current environment locale and then is this
> object used as comparator between two strings.

Disclaimer: I know *nothing* about locales in general, so here are some
random stupid questions ;-)

1) Is it correct to use a static object? In particular, there are no
modifications of the locale in LyX initialization?
2) Would it make sense to have it as a non-static member of the class, or is
it expensive to build?
3) We have a std::locale object in the Messages class, would it make sense
to use that instead of building a new one?

A/