Stefan> What about updating the TOC asynchronously? Don't know how to
Stefan> do this with the current architecture. Are there asynchronous
Stefan> lfuns? I.e. they are only executed from the frontend's message
Stefan> loop after everything (like the cursor) is valid again.

Since label update is a view thing (nothing to do in core undo code
imo), we could have a new update flag that does the update (one entry
or all entries) before the matrics update.