Edwin Leuven wrote:
Stefan Schimanski wrote:
Is there a reason that the non-modal dialogs (like to edit tables, change text styles etc.) depend on the LyX window?

another question (for 1.6 or later) is whether these non-modal dialogs should go and be replaced by toolbars?

We should definitely cleanup the dialogs in 1.6 (or 1.5.x). My opinion is that any dialog that aims to stay a dialog should be a modal dialog. All the others should be converted to DockWidget (so that those really preferring them as dialog can still use them this way by detaching them) or toolbars indeed.

Abdel.