As far
as I see there is no way to trigger a complete redraw reliable from anywhere else than the inset which dispatches the lfun.

If the Cursor is passed there is: by checking and accumulating the update flag.
What do you mean? I don't see how to do anything like that.

I mean: if (cur.result().update() == Update::Force) this means that the flag has been explicitely set previously as opposed to have the default value (Update::FitCursor | Update::Force). Maybe this information could be used?

Good idea. A big hack, but with as big FIXME maybe ok for 1.5. Will check that.

Stefan