Andre Poenitz wrote:
PS: I wonder whether delegating that kind of mess to an external
library would be politically correct in this universe ;-}

We've been relaxing the rules lately; support/ uses QtCore for a number of things and I think it would be much saner at this point to use QFileInfo, QProcess and QNetwork to replace our hand-made local code. If somebody steps up to encapsulate this Qt API in our API (forkedControllers, Socket and FileName) he will have at least my full support (and help) and probably not much resistance from others.

Abdel.