Miki Dovrat wrote:
To sum up, I would like lyx, when it is inside a \L (English), to switch automatically to English, unless the user explicitly changes it with F12 (\language hebrew), the cursor will NOT MOVE, and the text will be added where it was, whether it was English or Hebrew.

When moving across already written text, lyx, when spotting a move between \L and \R should move visually, i.e., to the end of the foreign text and go backwards (so the arrow keys move to the right direction), and change its language as well, again, unless explicitly changed by the user by pressing F12.

Lyx should then understand about spaces being adjacent visually, not logically, and fix adjacent spaces between RTL and LTR this way.

Is that not simpler to understand, as far as a user is concerned?

FWIW I 100% agree with you but I am not (yet) an RTL writer :-)

I am not referring to coding problems here. Can that be accomplished?

I believe it would be simpler to achieve than the current complicated logical navigation. The difficult part would be the automagic insertion at the right place.

Abdel.