From: Roger Mc Murtrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 15 June 2007 1:36:31 PM
To: lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org
Cc: "E. Leuven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: tear-off math panels

I have tested the tear off panels on both Linux and Mac.
Panels "tear off" when single clicked above a math palette's dashed line. There is one inconsistency between the Linux panel and the Mac panel in that the linux palette has a maximise icon whereas the Mac palette doesn't.

This is a great improvement in math functionality and usability.

I have a problem with the Mac's LyX display.
When characters are entered from a math palette, the correct symbol is not displayed, instead an English character or string is displayed. For example, the math symbol greater-than-or-equal displays as geqq.
However, View>PDF (pdflatex) does produce the correct symbols.

Roger