Andre Poenitz wrote:
However, in these days of a PNG-aware frontend, it does seem strange that we still ship these XPM files to our consumers. Here's a thought: why don't we make the XPM -> PNG transformation part of the build process and ship the resulting PNGs?

Because that is not needed either. We can just the frontend's resource
system and would not need to ship individual files at all.

Yes, I see you're a Qt convert ;-)

Two questions (seriously):
* How much work would it be to rip out the current scheme and make use of whatever Qt provides. * Who would maintain this "resource tree"? By which I mean that many of the images LyX uses are unique to LyX, so we won't be able to leverage someone else's database.

Or do I misunderstand?

Angus