[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Joost/Uwe, can you confirm that a user can manually run a dictionary installer? If this is the case, then we could see about adding instructions for the user of a bundled installer to also download the relevant dictionary installers.

The bundled installer allows you to download dictionaries. Dictionaries can also be downloaded and installed manually.

Another alternative might be to provide a single archive with all the installers (30-60 MB). Or possibly a single installer that installs all dictionaries that we have... It's way overkill, but maybe more convenient than running 4-5 dictionary installers manually.

I think that's overkill.

Uwe, does your complete installer contain dictionaries as well?
If that's the case, Rafael might simply have been better off using that installer... Perhaps that's even the case with the MikTeX packages, I don't know.

There is no installer that includes all dictionaries and MiKTeX packages.

If you need to install on a computer without internet access, download the dictionaries you like and transfer them to the system along with the installer.

MiKTeX handles package installation itself (we should not interfere with that). Instructions about downloading all packages is available here:

http://docs.miktex.org/2.6/manual/installing.html

This is however not always necessary (see below).

What's not obvious is that these aren't needed. I believe it's ok for MikTeX to fail to install these, and LyX will still run. Please correct me if this wasn't the case for you.

That's correct. LyX just checks whether the packages are available and MiKTeX then download them. If you download everything you will be able to use all LyX features. Basic things will work without these packages.

Joost