On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 04:14:18PM +0200, Leuven, E. wrote:

> in summary:
>
> - allow panels to tear off using only qt 4.1 functionality
>
> - reported to work on windows, linux and mac
>
> seeking 2 ok's

Edwin, I really appreciate your effort for trying to provide this
feature with Qt 4.1. However, I think that we should not jump through
hoops if something is hard to obtain with older Qt versions.
It suffices to let the thing compile, even with reduced functionality.

I tried the patch with Qt 4.1 and it almost works (I am really impressed).
There's a quirk, though. After detaching a panel and trying to close it
again, LyX freezes. There's no cpu load, LyX simply doesn't respond
anymore and after a Ctrl-C an emergency file is created.

Taking into account the time and effort you put in this, I am really
afraid to suggest leaving things as they are now and simply applying
that small patch curing the moc problem. What do you (and others) think?

--
Enrico