> I had the same problem under Solaris 2.6. The problem is only
> bash looks in the current directory, sh and ksh don't. The lines in
> configure.in
> should be changed to
> . ./configure
> (worked for me)

Well, I believe it worked for you, but I do not believe that
there is any sh/ksh/whatever that does not interpret ./configure
as "run the script/binary named 'configure' in the current directory"

The only difference between  "./configure"  and ". ./configure"
is that the latter works even if ./configure has no executable permissions
set. So maybe it's a permissicon problem, it certainly has nothing to do
with having . in $PATH or your choice of shells.

Andre'

--
It'll take a long time to eat 63.000 peanuts.
André Pönitz ......................... [EMAIL PROTECTED]