Richard Heck wrote:
This patch addresses the usability bugs discussed in this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg121160.html and largely implements Helge's suggestions. (Helge often seems to have good ideas on these things.) The main change is that the "Default" button is now a radio button like the rest, so you don't have to uncheck Default to be allowed to check something else. The layout that happens to be the default isn't treated specially except insofar as it is italicized, so as to indicate which one it is.

That's a great usability improvement! I switched from LyX 1.4 to 1.5 a few days ago and this was one of the most annoying things in the user interface.

The other two UI bugs that I think should be fixed before 1.5 are the position/status of the outline panel that are not remebered and the math panels that do not work in text mode.

Joost