Edwin Leuven wrote:
Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Edwin Leuven wrote:
Could you remind me again about the reason why we use 5 radio buttons now
instead of a combobox?
Another reason is that you can see at a glance what the permissible alignments are. Yet another is that enabling and disabling combobox entries is a total pain. You can't do it straightforwardly, so you have to have a lot of code to manage this. It's doable---but when I did it, people hated it.
the solution i proposed not only makes sense,
But what do you propose to do about Jurgen's worry? namely, that nothing counts as default when you have a multi-paragraph selection? I presume you can find out whether you have one via some addition to the controller, and in that case could forego the "Default" designation. But then you lose the opportunity to reset a bunch of paragraphs to Default all at once. That's a reason other than "it makes sense in LaTeX", which I think means a lot to some power users (Helge and Joost, again). And I can see using this facility with child docs I'm including in multiple master docs: I want it centered, period, whatever I'm including it in.
it *also* looks better ;-)
Sure, but that can be done independently.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto

<<inline: snap12.png>>