Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Dov Feldstern schrieb:

Thanks for taking care of the lyx2lyx stuff! I added the requisite comment to the FORMAT file --- could you just check your name (I'm not sure my accents are correct) and email?

The name is fine there.

Btw. Why do you have a [EMAIL PROTECTED] email adress and me not?

I don't know, JMarc gave me one when he opened my account. Just ask him, I'm sure he'll let you have one ;) . Or maybe you already have, and just never knew --- see if you have a .forward file in your home directory, and where it's pointing to...

 > +arabic_arabtex arabic   "Arabic (ArabTeX)" true  cp1256 ar_SA ""

When arabtex is used, babel should not be loaded (because babel is not supported by arabtex and to avaoid interferences with arabi), I therefore corrected this line.

I know this is not correct, and I had originally removed it, but then the language switch commands (added to the preferences during the one-time setup for ArabTeX) were not taking effect. It looks like the language switch commands are currently used only if babel is activated.

I cannot reproduce this - works fine here or I do need a better recipe to reproduce.

Try the attached file. With the current situation (latest svn) I get the output in arabtex2-bad.dvi. Adding arabtex (or anything, it doesn't matter what, it could say 'dummy') to lib/languages as in my patch fixes it, and I get the output as portrayed in arabtex2-good.lyx.

We should not commit obiously wrong stuff. What you describe is a bug we should fix and not introducing a workaround.

As I explained, I'd rather put in a patch which only changes a configuration file (lib/languages) than start playing around with the actual code, until I'm sure what the correct way to solve this is. And right now I don't feel that I am.

Also, I think that what JMarc said last night about the hardcoding is relevant here...

I only changed in your patch the arabic babel entry in "languages" and a bit whitespace.
I'll fix the problem you described when I can reproduce it.

All other parts of your patch are OK.

José gave his OK for the case when we agreed to a solution and we tested it hardly enough the last days I think. Therefore I committed it:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/18887

Thanks, Uwe!

When there are unseen side effects please shout!

Thanks for the good work and the discussions that lead to this solution and best regards
Uwe