Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2007 15:11 schrieb Dov Feldstern:

> Just a reminder: "default" is supposed to be exactly like "auto" (i.e.,
> the encoding is determined based on the language), except that it
> shouldn't output any "inputencoding" commands, because LaTeX will
> determine the encoding on it's own. This patch achieves that, by fixing
> a few places where differences between "auto" and "default" have crept
in.

They are there on purpose. The lookahead is not done for "default", because
it does not make any difference whether we do it or not: The lookahead
does only change the encoding earlier if the stuff until the real change
does work with the new encoding. If that is the case, then the output in
the case of "default" will be identical with and without lookahead.
Therefore this part of the patch does not harm, but it does not fix
anything either.

> This should be considered a regression, because in earlier versions
> Hebrew worked only with the "default" encoding.

Indeed, but I don't understand the change in Paragraph.cpp. Maybe the patch
does hide a bug elsewehere?

> Also, just a thought: something similar to the change in Paragraph.cpp
> may also be relevant to bug 3561 (which I don't understand exactly, but
> may be somehow related...)?

I don't think so.

Georg