Uwe> The resource of checking every 500ms for a change is indeed low,
Uwe> but I got a complaint about this: Bad programming style, etc.

Well, if we are sure it is better technically, we should not let
people impress us :) However, I can see that it is a problem for
laptop users (drains the battery by not letting cpu go to sleep).

Uwe> (Yes I don't know why I got this email and not you since I never
Uwe> used this method in LyXWinInstaller.)

Because the way our two installers are presented is very very
confusing to people (surprise!). This is why we should really work at
having only one.