On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 05:02:03PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> > -> Open dialog needs many seconds before it opens).
> >
> > Abdelrazak> Sorry, here is a correct patch.
> >
> > What version of qt is impacted? Only 4.3 or also older ones? If it is
> > only 4.3, we can build official versions with 4.2.x until a fixed 4.3
> > appears.
>
> Nope, I use Qt4.2.1 so Qt4.2 _is_ impacted. I do not know about Qt4.3.
> Uwe, Edwin, Joost, Peter, do you use Qt4.3?

The problem is the same in Qt4.3. This is because Qt queries for all
logical drives in order to show them in the file dialog.

Notice that this is not a problem on cygwin where the file dialog has
the same layout as on *nix, so please add a !defined(Q_CYGWIN_WIN) if
you go that route.

Shared paths are also a problem when they are stored in the session file
and and the network (or the machine they refer to) is not available.
In this case, LyX freezes for a very long time. So, this is a more general
problem and not confined to the file dialog.

--
Enrico