On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 09:24:45AM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> To be more serious, why should we restrict Windows users from
> >> functionality we appreciate elsewhere?
> >
> > Please read the whole thread: because the feature isn't implemented
> > correctly and causes severe performance problems.
>
> I did catch a reference to that bit, but I felt someone should argue
> against things (roughly) like:
> * Windows users don't need "unixy" stuff

So they don't need LyX? ;-)

> * No other Windows program does it like that

This is not true. Gvim for Windows uses middle button to paste
clipboard content, the way I would have liked LyX working.

> Having said that, a preference that allows a user to trade this
> functionality for performance would be fine by me for now.

Nah, simply make the middle button work as Ctrl-v does.
And, please, make it paste at the cursor and not mouse position,
which is such a weird thing!

--
Enrico