Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schrieb:
Jean-Marc> Something like that. I tested briefly with 3 different
Jean-Marc> authors, and I think something is wrong (I think it was
Jean-Marc> already wrong before, actually). I do not see how current
Jean-Marc> author could always be index 0 (which is written in the
Jean-Marc> file) if the file is really edited by several authors.

I meant like _that_.

Ok, I tested the following:

New document with changes by "Michael Gerz":

 \tracking_changes true
 \output_changes false
 \author "Michael Gerz" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Edit the same document without change tracking by "MG".

 \tracking_changes false
 \output_changes false
 \author ""
 \author "Michael Gerz" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Enable change tracking, delete some text:

 \tracking_changes true
 \output_changes false
 \author "MG" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 \author "Michael Gerz" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Edit the same document by "Mike", add a par break:

 \tracking_changes true
 \output_changes false
 \author "Mike" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 \author "MG" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 \author "Michael Gerz" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Accept all changes by "Mike" and "MG":

 \tracking_changes true
 \output_changes false
 \author ""
 \author ""
 \author "Michael Gerz" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All of this make perfectly sense to me. Although Jean-Marc has left us with some FUD (but without a given proof), I would like to commit his patch. Could someone please give another OK?

Thanks,
Michael