On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 03:29:46AM +0900, Koji Yokota wrote:

> Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> > This is another consequence of http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/18988.
> > Try whether reverting that changeset helps.
>
> Yes, I identified that reverting it removes the problem.

I was sure that that was the problem in your case, too.

> > I think that the problem here is a missing locale facet.
>
> Indeed, lyx always compains
>
>  > Locale ja_JP could not be set
>  > Locale en_US could not be set

No, these are not related. These warnings mean that you don't have
support for those locales.

> but crash also happens when I start it with
>
>  > env LC_ALL=C lyx
>
> In this case, there are no such complaints.

Yes, the C locale is always supported. The crash is due to missing
support for wchar_t, meaning that even the C locale can't deal with
wide characters. Please try the patch I sent you.

--
Enrico