Jürgen Spitzmüller
Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:05:27 -0700

Anders Ekberg wrote:
> The patch addresses this by excluding all accented characters from
> the list that revert_unicode processes. In principle this results in
> that accented characters get "properly" translated and remaining
> unicode characters are replaced by ERT or math commands (if they are
> in the list of characters).

And then we have to maintain two unicodesymbols lists? I do not think this is
a good idea.
I know, I tried some different options (like searching for {...}), but didn't come up with anything I thought was better. So as a compromise, I kept the lists identical and just commented out the accented characters. If there is little maintenance of the unicodesymbols list, I think it is acceptable (you can do a diff to fairly easy spott errors).

How about adding a new flag "revert" to the unicodesymbols list instead?
I thought about that too, but was afraid this would mess things up in other places.

/Anders