José Matos wrote:
On Tuesday 10 July 2007 10:50:28 Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Right.

  Does anyone has any objection to this change?

The purpose of this release is the support of unicode, we are using utf8 for the saved files so it makes all sense to follow the same route for layout files.

In the special cases where layout files are in the ascii subset the no change is need because that is already valid utf-8.

Abdel.

  The plan for this change is then:

* to convert our layout files to utf8;

What about the documentation? It is probably time to convert them, isn't it?

* apply your patch;
* add a comment to the release notes.

I propose to do this tomorrow to give some time for feedback. If by tomorrow there are no voices against we will implement this plan. OK?

Fine with me.

Abel.