Yes, I do mean the latter.  It's just like a printer dialog: choose print to
device or print to file.  If this is hard to implement, then in the interim
can we just put some text on this dialog that points the user to the insert
child doc?

File listings needs a filename + all the options
Normal listings needs code + all the options

Currently, file listings is treated like other file inclusions, and
normal listings is treated like an ERT inset. It would be difficult to
merge those two things. For example, it is unnatural to have a file
browser in the listings dialogs that if a file is given, the manually
inputted text would be ignored... If possible, I would rather have a
menu item that opens the Child Document dialog in listings mode.

Bo