Bo Peng wrote:
> The problem seems to be solved, but I can not figure out when an ERT
> inset will occupy the rest of the line during edition. E.g.

This is the unsavoury "wide() thing" (TM).

The rule is: an inset spans the whole line, if
- it is the only thing in the row
and
- the cursor is inside.

> Normal Listings:
> Usually [listings ]
> Edit [listings                                          ]

Yes.

> Inline listings and ERT:
>
> Always "a[ERT]" or  "[ERT]a" if there is something before/after it,
> otherwise span to the end of line during edition.

Exactly.

> I think it makes sense to either
> 1. does not expand to the end of the line at all, or
> 2. only expand when there is nothing after it. I.e. remove the case of
> a[ERT].

I won't spend a single minute on improving it. IMO, the only reasonable goal
is to remove the wide() thing altogether, once the speed problems are
resolved (remember the wide() thing is just a hack to work around the speed
issues).

So if you think that bug 3582 is solved, I'd propose to put that into 1.5.0.

Jürgen