On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 04:11:26PM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:

> > I don't like this idea of a zip-lyx. There are other ways. For example
> > any external file could be base64 encoded and inlined in the lyx file.
>
> A zip file allows much more complicated structure and easier
> manipulation than the 'inline' embedding. Actually, earlier versions
> of word documents used it, but all later versions of word and
> ooffice/odf, use a zip/directory/file-filesystem approach.

I am worried that simple manipulations of a lyx file (in order to
overcome deficiencies in the GUI) become more complicated/impossible
to perform. Then, I wonder how a zip file fits a version control
system. Please, don't mention Word, as this has a strange effect on me,
in that I automatically hate whatever is associated with it...

--
Enrico