Martin Vermeer wrote:

>> What feature do you think that lyx is missing badly?
>
> The beamer layout requires too much ERT and non-intuitive tweaking.
> Perhaps something can be done about it in the frame of short title /
> optional argument. My dream is to have a LyX-beamer that is compatitive
> also in usability with ppt.

I think that what is needed is a standard mechanism to enter in a friendly
GUI way structured information in LyX like titlepages, frames in
beamer,multiple choice questions, etc. The gui form would be stored in the
layout and when you create a new beaamer frame (title page, multiple choixe
entry) the ui form would be displayed and you could enter title, subtitle,
etc...

LyX is limited by the dropdown style list copied from wordprocesssors that
works for paragraph formatting but not for structured information.

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org